Thursday, July 2, 2015

Delayed but Not Denied!

A few years ago I watched a message and the following statement was made, "We live in a microwave generation and serve a crock-pot God!" -Jentezen Franklin.  Oh Wow! 


In Habakkuk 2:2-3 we read the following:

"And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay."  

This has been one of my key verses in my life over the last 25 years!  I heard a message as a young minister in college.  The minister shared on allowing God time to fulfill the vision in your life.  It is a very difficult thing to wait upon the Lord!  


I started preaching many years ago as 19 year old kid!  I received a vision for my life, and like most people I struggled to see it come to pass.  The truth is we forget that, “For still the vision awaits its appointed time…”  God’s timeline will never be our timeline!  In other words, we will always have a tendency to be inpatient with God’s vision for our lives.  We want it to happen now (microwave generation) we believe God will provide it based upon our desires and our timeline.  However, God is a (crock-pot God).  He uses the events in our lives to shape us to fit the vision.  I know many gifted talented people that spend a life time trying to make who they are fit the vision of God!  If we do not get this we will grow bitter in our walk with God!  We will give up and feel like God has misled or even lied to me.  “He promised me ________________, and I have yet to see it happen and I have waited at least 24 hr!”  We see the moment, God plans out lifetimes!  God is shaping you to fit the vision not the vision to fit you!


I want to encourage you that you are not alone.  All the following people had to wait on the Lord to fulfill His plan in their lives.


·         Noah had to endure mockery and scorn for 120 years before the rain and floods came!


·         Joseph had to wait 20 years before the fulfillment of the dreams! 


·         Moses had to wait 40 years on the backside of the desert before God would speak through the burning bush.


·         From Adam & Eve to the cross estimated 4000 years!


The list could go on and on of those who had to learn to, “wait upon the Lord.”  Remember the rest of the passage from Habakkuk, “… it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay."  It will come to pass!  GOD IS NOT A LIER!  Hold on for the best he has saved for last.  If you don't believe me just ask the guest that attended the marriage supper in Cana… Jesus first miracle shows this point. (John 2:1-12)


Praying for you to have an awesome Day!


Pastor P.


No comments: