Monday, June 29, 2015

The Forgotten Weapon...There must be intercessory prayer by this generation!

1 Timothy 2:1-6, 8 
"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; "

For the past 29 years I have been an Evangelist, missionary, teacher and pastor.   During that entire time I have been praying for and preaching about revival in America.   I am constantly challenging my church to reach the, "unwanted harvest"!  I have watched the cycle of growth and demise take place over and over again. I have ministered in the same community for 18 years!  I have remained here for one reason and for one reason alone... THE PROMISE OF REVIVAL!  
It has only been in the last few days that I'd begun to see why we plateau and then we make a nose dive.   The generation of ministers that I am a part of, are some of the most well-trained and well equipped and knowledgeable of the Word to ever stand and proclaim the gospel of Jesus!  However, it is my conviction that we have failed in one important area of ministry that our forefathers in the faith possessed.   That is willingness to pray and intercede for our generation. We have failed to teach people what it means when we say intercessory prayer!  

True revival has always come when people begin to call on God. When people cry out to God with all of their heart, it is then and only then heaven will respond!   The endless cycles in our churches of growth and demise, up and down must stop!  Most churches have a weak pulse and if something doesn't change they will fade and die!

2 Chronicles 7:13-15 
"When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place."

I believe that churches are too concerned with the symptoms in our Nation and world, but not willing to treating the disease! The disease in our nation is sin!  SIN OF EVERY KIND!   

The real problem is the church will not address the sin or sins within its on walls! The key to revival is not the world getting saved!  It's the church loosing it's pride and confessing before God our Sins!  "if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,". 

This is a call to the church, not the world.   The amazing thing is that when the church repents and begins to cry out in intercession to God, a true unstoppable REVIVAL comes! Not just a few "good", services, but an AWAKENING of the HOLY SPIRIT within our nation and our world.   Ask God to give you the heart of an intercessor. This ministry is not just for little gray-haired lady it is for every child of God! 
Just a few thoughts for this day.

Pastor P.
HWC

No comments: